We are hiring!
We are looking for a full-time Concierge/Receptionist and who can start immediately! If interested, please apply today!
- A forward-thinking (& growing) company offering opportunities to engage your passions through your work.
- Committed to empowering employees throughout all levels of leadership.
- Seeking supportive, collaborative, relationship-builders to join our team.
FUNCTION: Responsible for performing reception duties in an efficient manner and in accordance with established procedures, as directed by supervisor. The receptionist is expected to represent the company in a positive manner while greeting visitors, answering telephone and directing calls. This employee also provides clerical support to Department Heads as needed.
- Receives guests and other in a courteous, polite and warm manner.
- Respond to the needs of residents, families and visitors by providing immediate assistance.Appropriately and accurately prepares and distributes routine correspondence.
- May provide clerical and administrative support to the various departments.
- Receive and follow reception schedule/instructions from supervisor and as outlined in established policies and procedures.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!
Full-Time Maintenance Director
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Maintenance Director. We offer great benefits, outstanding work environment, and we love to pride ourselves on our wonderful staff.
DUTIES: Performs general maintenance work on a daily basis, including replacing light bulbs, repairing electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances. Prepares resident apartments for new occupants by painting, cleaning carpets and general maintenance.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors lives better!
Assist with all aspects of meal preparation, serving, and clean up duties.
Part-Time Maintenance Assistant
The maintenance team member is responsible for performing maintenance and housekeeping duties in the community and around the community grounds as assigned. Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the residents, guests, and team members.
Experience and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- On year maintenance and/or housekeeping experience preferred
- Technical school education preferred
- Demonstrates general understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance
- Possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, and life and safety regulations
- Ability to respond to emergency calls outside of normal working hours
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision; following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow-through on assigned tasks
Reports to: Maintenance Director
Full-Time Resident Assistant
- CNA certification or Home Health Aide certification preferred
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior CPR and First Aid certifications preferred
- Prior experience in senior services preferred
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, shaving (with electric shaver), hair care, denture care, filing and cleaning nails, bathing)
- Makes routine rounds as scheduled
- Responds to pulled emergency cords
- Assists residents with clothing choices appropriate for the day’s weather, clean and stain-free
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed to chair, wheelchair and commode
- Assists residents during meal times in the dining room and serve residents’ meals including tray service
- Routinely checks residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Performs housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as assigned
- Participates in assessment meetings monthly
- Enjoys serving seniors
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Waterstone quality service standards.
- Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident’s suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding Waterstone quality standards
- Performing cleaning duties according to schedule in assigned areas such as resident suites, bathrooms, common areas and offices
- Sweeps, dusts, dusts mops and wet mops all flooring; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs. carpets and runners
- Cleans, sanitizes and polished both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoo furniture, dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls and windowsills
- Before entering, always knock on resident’s doors and respect their privacy during the cleaning process
- Before entering, always knock on public restroom doors and wait for a response before beginning the cleaning process
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition
- Responsible for transporting supplies, to include clean and soiled lined, to the appropriate storage and collection areas
- Responsible for trash collection and removal and for maintaining trash receptacles and collection areas in a clean, sanitary manner