One of the best parts of moving into an assisted living community is the variety of activities and fun events you can participate in as a resident. How can you make sure you don’t miss out? Learn how to explore the activity calendar for assisted living.
Exploring the Activity Calendar for Assisted Living
One of the many great things that assisted living communities provide to residents is a bustling calendar of activities. If you’re looking for opportunities to learn new things or connect to your fellow residents, you’ll find them once you start exploring the activity calendar for assisted living.
What Can I Find on the Activity Calendar?
An activity calendar for assisted living is your monthly guide to all the great events, classes, and activities you’ll have the chance to participate in as a community resident. If you want to stay active and engaged in an assisted living community, you’ll want to keep an eye on it! You can typically find the activity calendar in the newsletters section of your community’s website. If you aren’t sure how to use the website, you can ask a staff member to help you access the calendar. There are many different kinds of activities that you’ll find there, all planned with seniors like you in mind:
- Field trips to local points of interest
- Transportation and assistance with grocery shopping and other errands
- Community classes and activities
- Entertainment events, like movies or musical performances
- Religious services
- Holiday observances
- Community birthdays and other important events to remember
How Can I Get the Most Out of the Activity Calendar?
Once you know how to use the activity calendar, it will become an indispensable tool for making your time in an assisted living community everything it can be. If you’re not sure how to get started, here are some tips that can help:
- Don’t try to do everything on the calendar! Once you’re excited to get out there, trying everything that looks like fun can be tempting. However, you won’t have a good time if you stress yourself out and exhaust yourself. Choose a few activities to try every week, and expand your social calendar as you adjust.
- Use the activity calendar to help you make plans for the week ahead. For example, if you need certain grocery items, keep an eye on the calendar for the next shopping trip.
- The activity calendar is a great place to start if you’re looking for ways to make friends in assisted living. Look for group activities like exercise or game nights to give you something fun to chat about with your fellow residents. It may take a few tries, but consistent attendance and an open spirit will help you connect with the people you seek.
- The activity calendar can also allow you to explore your interests in retirement. If you’re a movie buff, keep an eye out for weekly movie matinees. A group craft session could be just the ticket if you love indulging your creative side. Let yourself explore and have fun.
Exploring the activity calendar for assisted living is the best way to enjoy your time as a resident. And if you’re looking for a community that keeps residents engaged, we hope you’ll check out the Shores of Lake Phalen.
Are you looking for a community that provides a positive, healthy atmosphere where you can live out your golden years? The Shores of Lake Phalen is an assisted living and memory care community in a quiet, peaceful environment in Maplewood, Minnesota. Surrounded by a gorgeous wooded setting between two lakes, our residence offers the accessibility of apartment-style housing with the atmosphere and elegance of a resort. We offer numerous health and safety amenities, fun events and activities, a friendly and accommodating staff, and much more. Schedule a tour of the community to explore our spacious apartments, elegant dining room, and more. We look forward to hearing from you!